Friday, June 17, 2005

Birthday Treasure Hunt + Chakarapongal

If you thought getting gifts on a Birthday was easy, think again.





On my 28th (read 16th) Birthday, I had to go on a treasure hunt to get my gifts. This treasure hunt was prepared by RS and Prad. Also, its not 1 clue per gift, I have to solve 2 clues per gift.

  1. I have to solve the first clue to tell me what the gift is. (like baseball/cricket bats, ipods etc ;) )
  2. The second clue leads me to the location of the gift (basement, pile of clothes, cupboards etc.)
I have very little time to solve these clues, because the party audience is waiting and all the pressure is on me. I did manage to solve some on my own and others with lots of prompting :)






Here are the clues if you want to take a shot.

I will update this place with answers and pictures in a couple of days.




Questions 1a, I have to guess my first gift using this question.
Posted by Hello

Answer to 1a - Start Higlighting here => The last line gives it away easily, Its all part of the "game". We've played a lot of board games before so, the clue says "we have done this before and it is loads of fun". So the gift as a board game called "Balderdash". It was awesome :)


Question 1b, This is where my first gift is located.
Posted by Hello
Answer to 1b - Start Higlighting here =>
"The Smelly cat" phrase indicates a sock, shoes, pig sty, trash can something nasty. Since I take it on a walk once a week, it most probably is something like a trash can, "the lid", confirms that :). The unscrambled word is "PRADNYA", she finds it amusing that I am @ home with filth :) . So, the board game was behind the "trash can"


Question 2a, I have to guess my second gift using this question.
Posted by Hello
Answer to 2a - Start Higlighting here =>
This is a bit complicated :), lets start with the signs first, The exclamation mark is "NOT", the second sign is a directional sign with "SOUTH" highlighted. The third sign is mountains, trees and the base is highlighted for "LAND". Which results in "Not South land Alley", this is a bowling alley that we frequent. The next sign is for "GOLF", !G but R means ROLF :) . The clue "Will your friday question change" means, I usually ask if we can go bowling each friday, so the gift is something that will distract me from asking this question :) ... which means its probably a game of some kind. "all your dreams bundled together" means its a collection of games. The gift was a 15 in 1 game, containing foosball, airhockey, table tennis, basketball, bowling etc.


Question 2b, This is the clue to the location of the second question.
Posted by Hello
Answer to 2b - Start Higlighting here =>
This one is a bit complicated too. The first sign is an "ENTER" key, the second is some kind of dots, but "Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill" points to ants living in them. So, ENTER + ANTS = ENTRANCE and cloes to the shoe rack. So the gift was near the entrance :)

Chakarapongal: My Ethiri, made awesome chakarapongal for all of us. I was thinking its a ploy to kill me? I tried it, anyway. I usually dont like chakarapongal its too rich in ghee, gooey etc .., this one was really awesome, I had a lot of it. I am still alive :)




15 comments:

RS said...

Kozhandai, nethiku worsta clues guess panna nee :)

expertdabbler said...

Man, now i need to think twice before looking out for an intellectual girl friend:-)

Many Many Happy returns of the day

RS said...

Kamal, unnoda ethiri panna chakarapongal pathi ezhuthave illaye?

సतीsh said...

જન્મ દિવસ મુબારક

Heh... I hope that came out right.

The Doodler said...

Hmm..I was going to kill you. But then for RS's sake, I spared you. And look at the thanks I get for making Chakkarapongal after a long, hard workday?! :(
Enna ulagamada..

kamal said...

PK: Don’t think twice do it. Its worth it. Keeps life interesting. Anyway, good luck finding one though :) (jus kidding)

RS: I am the best guesser. If I was bad then the audience would be sitting there till 3 and getting bored. Thanks for all the hints :)

Ethiri: Thank you for sparing me, I might not do the same if I get a chance :)
Thanks for the chakarapongal, I think I will start liking this sweet, if it cooked to my liking :)

ANM: Gujrati? cool man. Thanks for the wishes. So u know telegu, tam, hindi, english, guju .. anything else? Yeah that statement came out right.

Anonymous said...

1a) A board-game of some sort with dice...
1b) Trash can?

2a) Something related to bowling. Bowling pass/tickets?
2b) Under the doormat?

KP.

RS said...

To KP: Looks like someone is good at the guessing game - you will get your answers tonite :)

Anonymous said...

And some chakkarapongal too, I hope :)....

KP.

BUS said...

hmm.... chakarapongal u dont like becoz it is too rich in ghee ...oh i c...but dal batti u like becoz it has so less of ghee ...

i think u shld just come out with the real truth abt y u dont like chakarapongal

Adaengappa !! said...

Nice game..Enjoy ur day !!

Anonymous said...

Arey Yaar , Chakrapongal ?

Upar DAalu , Chalega ..

Does it make any sense ? I swear not ! :(

Happy B'day Wishes,

-Vasu

RS said...

Bus, k is used to having bath in ghee and daal bhati, maybe chakara pongal has less than 3 pots of ghee and so he cant dive in it and enjoy it :))

kamal said...

I have posted the answers in the post, you will need to "highlight" them.

RS/BUS: Ghee in dal batti is 3 pot fulls but most of it gets absorbed by the wheat in the batti and its not sitting on top and glistening, like in chakarapongal.

10:16 AM

RS said...

To Kamal: Highlighting funda was good :) Go take a bath in your pots of ghee!