Sunday, September 17, 2006

Go to the Movies !

For the last couple, maybe three weeks I have become crazy watching movies during the weekends. I just turn on the television and start watching the movie that is currently playing, usually its one of the cute ones with Steve Martin, Sanjay Dutt, Paresh Rawal or Lindsay Lohen.

Here goes my movie review for the movies that I have watched in the past few weeks.

  1. Chup Chupke - Paresh Rawal (Gundya) and Rajpal Yadav (Bandya) are very funny in this movie and what makes the movie amazing is Kareena Kapoor is mute.
  2. Lage Raho Munnabhai - A big hit, lot of hype, but I thought the movie was ok, I was set for a senseless comedy movie like Chup Chupke, and Sanjay Dutt and Gandhi-giri was kind of jarring, maybe he is becoming a changed man with age, future MP ? :)
  3. Kabhi Alvida na Kehna - The bachans are good, actually everyone else is good in the movie, the movie is kinda long, but its good. I know a lot of people out there are going to hate this movie, but Shahrukh has done a pretty good job.
  4. Citizen Kane - Supposed to be a revolutionary movie in it's time (1940's) but kinda boring in the 2000's.
  5. V for Vendetta - I watched in twice, once in the night, once the day after in the morning, I really liked this movie, beautiful oratory, had to pause and rewind a bunch of times to understand what V was saying. Must watch movie.
  6. Click - I liked this move, Adam Sandler was good and his gal, Kate Beckinsale, was a babe.
  7. Cheaper by the Dozen - watched this for the 2nd/3rd time, I like it.
  8. Father of the Bride 2 - Sugary movie :)
  9. Summer Catch - Baseball, teenage movie, sugar, it was good.
  10. Naalai - Gangster Tam movie, it was good, any movie without Vadivalu is good :) (ok now I am blabbering).
  11. Gangster - This is a very well made movie, its in the Dil Chahta He league.
  12. Maid in Manhattan - 2nd/3rd time .. Ramya loves it, ok ok, I like it too.
  13. Snakes on a Plane - This is an amazingly crappy movie, leave your mind out and have fun, some scences with snakes are just ridiculous, but it is watchable in it own crappy way.
  14. Why we Fight - it's a good movie.
  15. Thiruta Payle - It starts off well with an extra marital affair, but kinda gets predictable at the end, watchable once.
  16. What a girl wants - it's good, man these TV movies!
Some other movies that I can always watch are Vertical Limit and Parent Trap. O, how can I forget The Day of the Jackal?!

Ok, I forgot about all the bad movies I watched and I no longer remember movies like Kasturi Maan.

That is enough waste of time for now, I am going to swear off movies for a few months.

In the back of my mind, Honey, when is that harry potter movie coming?

2 comments:

GG said...

jee...5 month hiatus huh!?
I have to watch V, and a couple others. I am surprised you rank Gangster with DCH - I liked it - not a lot though!

kamal said...

Gayu,

Hehe, yeah 5 months :) .. Gangster was awesone baby :) .. and dont miss V .. watch it at home, I had to rewind a few scenes to understand what the dude was saying ..